Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How to prevent burn from scarring?

Yesterday at work I was placing a pot in the steam table (a table that hold 200+ degree water that keeps foods warm) and I placed the pot in the steam table to fast and water overflood from the sides and I burnt my belly and now I have this hugh red mark on my stomach and was wondering I can try to prevent it from scarring? Thank you.
Answer:
If your skin is just red, it means you only have a first degree burn. What works for me is applying fresh (or relatively fresh) aloe vera gel to the burn for a few days. If you can get an aloe leaf, break it open and rub the gel on the burn, then let it dry. The aloe is soothing as it dries, and it helps with healing. If you can't get fresh aloe vera gel, then you can use the type that's recommended for sunburns... it's cooling and soothing, but it doesn't really do as much for the healing as the real stuff. Vitamin E oil also works well with healing and on scars, but I prefer using the polysporin 'heal-fast' ointment on mild burns, because in addition to antibiotics it has cocoa butter and vitamin E in it... i.e. it keeps your burn from getting infected, and it helps to keep scars from forming too!If your skin blisters, then you have a 2nd degree burn. Please please do NOT break the blisters and PLEASE see a doctor! If the blisters aren't taken care of properly, then after they break they will leave really bad scars! (trust me, I have an oil burn on my arm to prove that)If your skin blisters, and you have scars, then you can use (whatever the doctor gives you or) polysporin on the burns as they heal. Polysporin helped with healing AND minimized scarring for me. After the burn heals, if you see a noticeable scar, you can use 'Scar Therapy' from "New-Skin” (http://newskinproducts.com/scar-therapy. . It will minimize the appearance of new scars after they've healed. (In case you're wondering... I'm a really bad cook, and I'm accident prone, so these are burn remedies that have worked for me. Good Luck!)
vitamin e oil
Use aloe Vera and cocoa butter %26 vitamin e on it...my son had a surgery scar on his knee, and after the stiches closed we used lotion on it with vitamon e and cocoa butter and you cannot see the scar at all unless you get right up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How to cure © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net