Sunday, October 25, 2009

How safe (about deseases) are laundromats ?

I wonder if using public washers is safe. If it's not 100% safe what deseases should I be concerned about? What detergents should I use, or what other safe practices should I learn? I'm not obsessed, I just would like to know because I'm new to using laundromats.
Answer:
I've used lots and lots of laundromats over the years. (Long story.) Anyway, other than rust stains from old washers, I wouldn't worry too much about the washing machines. Yes, there will be some germs, but they're probably not going to make you sick. It's the dryers that get dirty and stinky. Some people bring wet, but not clean, laundry and just use the dryers. However, most of the dryers operate at pretty high temperatures, which would kill almost everything. Laundromats aren't perfect, but they're not something to be scared of. I'd worry far more about the handles of the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How to cure © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net