Sunday, October 25, 2009

How safe is a vascular laser (aka v-beam laser) for treating rosacia? Also how effective is it?

I have rosacia: red splotches on my face. A derm. doctor has recommended vascular laser treatment, where they beam laser on the blood vessels. He told me that it may require multiple treatments, that the treatment will be slightly uncomfortable, and that I might have bruising afterwards. I am okay with all of this. What I want to know is: Is it safe (e.g., will I damage any part of my face, any risk of disfigurement)? After multiple treatments, is it effective? Or is it a waste of money (~$200/visit)?
Answer:
i have this too and as far as i know thres no actual cure...theres only things you can do to surpress it. i take dorax, and put aquaphor on my face at night. that seems to mostly work. also, alot of rosacea outbreaks (the really bad ones) are triggered by certian foods you eat, so you might want to test that out and see if you condition is worsened when you eat certian things and just try to avoid those foods. it might be better to try these things before having an operation, much safer, and cheaper. however, your condition might be worse than mine, so do what you think is best for your situation.also visit here: http://www.rosacea.org/index.php...
It is very effective, I have had it done twice! After the first treatment you look good, but if you do it more than once you can look twice as great! My treatment cost $950 but i also live in NYC and am visiting an awesome doctor! Best ot luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


How to cure © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net